Thursday, February 10, 2011

ICU Update

The previous posts were short because I was sending from my phone.  I’m now on the PC at ‘home’.

The neurosurgeon told me he was happy with the op and all went well from his point of view.  After the main procedure a complication occurred when Trish coughed up some vomit and breathed it into her lung.  They had to put her back on the respirator tube to make sure her breathing was OK overnight.  She was sedated and asleep when I got to she her.  Her nurse said she will be slowly brought up from there bit-by-bit and by tomorrow afternoon should be awake.  They expect her to be in ICU for 2 or 3 days then back to 7 north for sometime.

Note: They do not permit organic flowers in ICU and they don’t look good at my place either.

I will follow up with more detailed questions of the medical staff tomorrow when I’m a bit sharper and more likely to remember the answers.

Thanks to all for your support, flowers, prayers and best wishes.

Tim.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear it is over..it must have been a huge day. i will ring you tonight
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think while Trish is sleeping you need to catch on yours too.....maybe a glass of red to help you along the way.....positive thoughts for the next step....xxx

    ReplyDelete